In 1920, the property
became The Quonquont Stock Farm which raised cattle and ran a
dairy. The famous Quonquont Milk Bottle (now located at the town
offices on Christian Lane) was part of a retail store and restaurant
down the road on Routes 5&10 which offered milk, cream and
other dairy products. In summer, ice cream was served outside
through the Dutch door in the giant bottle.
is blessed with several natural perennial springs. Evidence
of a hilltop water storage tower attests to the fact that the
once supplied drinking water to a good part of the town.
In the early 1970s, the property
was planted as an orchard and renamed simply Quonquont Farm.